Monday, August 2, 2010

Do you want to travel in time?

As I designed my blog, I wanted to find a background that would catch your interest. I loved this particular one because it takes me to a different time in history. Books can do that, too. They can educate, fascinate, and transport you beyond the confines of your current time. For example, consider the fanciful story of "A Wrinkle in Time" by Madeline L'Engle.

A Wrinkle in Time is a book of fantasy. One of the greatest challenges of fantasy writing is being able to create believability for your reader. That is done by creating the rules and then having your characters consistently abide by those rules. Ms. L'Engle did that multiple times as she created the Murray family. Not only is her book believable, there is symbolism to catch your attention if you happen to get bored.

Madeline L'Engle is one of my favorite authors. She has an official website that can be accessed at Madeline L"Engle This amazing woman was a prolific writer, publishing her last book in 2008. It was published after her death in 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment